Create a new campaign whenever an advertiser wants to display a new set of related banners.
Generally, advertisers will want to run different advertising campaigns for different reasons. They may be long standing campaigns that are targeted at low cost, otherwise unused inventory; or they may be short lived, highly targeted, specific-purpose campaigns. Whatever the advertiser's reasons, a campaign in Revive Adserver groups the related banners for that purpose together, and allows the banners to share a set of common properties, such as the campaign start and end dates (if they have these), how the campaign priority should be calculated to meet the delivery requirements, and certain delivery restrictions.
If you have not already created the relevant advertiser for the campaign, first, create a new advertiser.
To create a new campaign, go to Inventory > Campaigns:
If you need to, use the drop down menu to select the appropriate advertiser.
Click on the Add new campaign link. This will take you to the Add new campaign screen.
To create the new campaign, enter the campaign's Basic information. All of the Basic information fields are required:
- Name: The name of the campaign. It is recommended that you use a name that uniquely identifies the campaign, and will allow you to recognise the campaign quickly and easily.
- Campaign type: The type of campaign. Revive Adserver supports three campaign types. These are discussed below, along with their related additional options, which will be displayed once you have selected the campaign type.
However, regardless of the campaign type selected, all campaigns share the following additional information sections.
The campaign Date fields are required, and define when the campaign should "run" (that is, when the banners in the campaign should start being show, and when they should stop):
- Start date: Either the date on which the campaign should start to run, or, the campaign should start immediately.
- End date: Either the date on which the campaign should stop running, or, the campaign should never end.
There is one key required Pricing field, while the remainder are optional:
- Pricing model: How the campaign is being charged. This can be either CPM, CPC, CPA or Tenancy. Revive Adserver needs to know how you are charging for the campaign so that it can correctly calculate the various banner priorities to ensure correct delivery of campaigns.
- Rate / Price: If you wish to enter the rate or price that is being charged for the campaign (e.g. $0.05 CPM, or £40.00 per month, etc.) then Revive Adserver can display revenue information in reports.
- Conversions: If you have selected the CPA pricing model, then you can optionally set a maximum number of conversions. Once this number of conversions for the campaign has been passed, Revive Adserver will disable the campaign.
- Clicks: If you have selected the CPA or CPC pricing models, then you can optionally set a maximum number of clicks. Once this number of clicks for the campaign has been passed, Revive Adserver will disable the campaign.
- Impressions: If you have selected the CPA, CPC or CPM pricing models, then you can optionally set a maximum number of impressions. Once this number of impressions for the campaign has been passed, Revive Adserver will disable the campaign.
The optional Delivery capping per visitor fields for a campaign allow global, campaign-wide delivery caps to be set:
- Limit campaign views to (in total): If set, then Revive Adserver will not show more than then specified number of banner impressions (across all campaign banners) to a given visitor, across all sessions.
- Limit campaign views to (per session): If set, then Revive Adserver will not show more than then specified number of banner impressions (across all campaign banners) to a given visitor, across a single session.
- Reset view counters after: If set, then the limitation counters for the above options will be reset after the specified time. This allows campaigns to be limited to (for example) no more than 25 views per day, by setting a campaign view limit (in total) of 25, and setting the reset view counters to 24 hours.
The optional Miscellaneous fields:
- Hide the advertiser and websites of this campaign: ???
- Companion positioning: When enabled, Revive Adserver attempts to display banners from this campaign together in all zones on a given web page, whenever possible, rather than showing just one banner from the campaign in a zone on a web page along with a banner from a different campaign in a different zone.
- Comments: A free-form text area to record notes that may be relevant about the campaign.
Once you have filled out the required fields, click on Save Changes to create the new campaign. You will be returned to the Inventory > Campaigns page, where you will be able to see your newly created campaign.