Create an HTML banner - banner code
There are two three Create an HTML banner - banner code fields for Generic HTML banners, which are:
- A free form input area for the banner HTML code. This could be HTML that you write yourself, HTML supplied by the advertiser, or may be HTML code from a banner network or exchange.
- Alternatively, when using the WYSIWYG editor mode, it is possible to create Generic HTML banners using a WYSIWYG editor, rather than using HTML code.
- Alter HTML to enable click tracking: When set to anything other than "Do not alter HTML", Revive Adserver will modify the HTML banner to allow clicks to be tracked. You can either select the "Generic HTML Banner" option for self or advertiser generated HTML code, or you can select from one of the many supported banner networks/exchanges.
There are two Banner link fields for Generic HTML banners:
- Destination URL: The URL that the user viewing the banner should be sent to when they click on the banner, if the banner HTML does not already contain one or more links. If the HTML banner already contains at least one link, then leave this field unchanged - otherwise, set the destination URL, and the entire HTML banner will be made clickable using this link. Target: An optional HTML link target. Valid options are _blank, _self, _parent and _top. By default, Revive Adserver will use _blank.
- This banner can be safely displayed inside an iframe (e.g. is not expandable): When selected, Revive Adserver will allow the Generic HTML banner to be delivered using the iFrame zone invocation tag.
There are two required Banner display fields for Generic HTML banners:
- Size (Width): The width of the creative. As the creative banner is defined using HTML, Revive Adserver needs to know what the width dimension of the creative banner is.
- Size (Height): The height of the creative. As the creative banner is defined using HTML, Revive Adserver needs to know what the height dimension of the creative banner is.
Finally, there are three optional Additional data fields for Generic HTML banners: