Use a text banner whenever the creative is plain text.
Text banners are a simple way of displaying text as a banner. The banner could be displayed as a traditional banner, but is more often used to display a "text ad" inside content.
This page discusses the options that are specific to creating banners of type "text". Please see the Creating a Banner page for details on the overall process on creating banners.
There is a single Basic information field for text banners, which is required:
- Name: The name of the banner. It is recommended that you use a name that uniquely identifies the banner, and will allow you to recognise the banner quickly and easily.
Create a Text banner - banner text
There is one Create a Text banner - banner text field for text banners, which is a free form input area for the banner text.
There are two Banner link fields for text banners:
- Destination URL: The URL that the user viewing the banner should be sent to when they click on the banner text.
- Target: An optional HTML link target. Valid options are _blank, _self, _parent and _top. By default, Revive Adserver will use _blank.
There is one optional Banner display field for text banners:
- Status text: Optional text that will be displayed in the browser's status bar whenever the user's mouse is hovering over the banner text. (This will only work when setting the browser's status bar is supported by the user's browser.)
Finally, there are three optional Additional data fields for text banners:
- Keywords: A free-form field for storing space-separated keywords related to the banner. Keywords are used by Revive Adserver's direction selection mechanism to select banners for display. Displaying text banners inside other text content is often performed using keywords; you may want to read about direct section for text banners.
- Weight: By default, all banners in a campaign have a weight of 1, which means that the inventory allocated to the campaign will be shared equally between the different banners. As with campaigns, it is possible to configure different weights, so that different banners receive different ratios of the available inventory allocated to the campaign. See the discussion of campaign weights for Remnant and Override campaigns on the Creating a Campaign page.
- Comments: A free-form text area to record notes that may be relevant about the banner.
Delivering Text Banners
Text banners can be delivered via the following mechanisms: