Setting Up a Development Environment.
In order to carry out Revive Adserver development, you will need:
- A supported web server;
- A supported version of PHP, with all of the required PHP extensions; and
- A supported database.
The currently supported web servers, versions of PHP and databases are all listed on the Technical requirements for Revive Adserver page on the Revive Adserver website.
You will also need:
- An appropriate tool Git RCS tool.
The source code for Revive Adserver is stored in our Revive Adserver GitHub project.
The current stable code being prepared for the next release is in the
Please see the GitHub page on how to clone a repository for further details on how to check out the
Web Server Configuration
After checking out the Revive Adserver
master branch, you will need to configure your web server to ensure that you can access the Revive Adserver source code via your browser.
Please consult your web server documentation on how to do this.
In the Revive Adserver
- Install the Composer dependency manager for PHP; and
- Install the required dependencies for the development environment:
Instal Revive Adserver
Install Revive Adserver from the
master branch, using the standard web-based installation process.
Configure Revive Adserver for Development
To assist with development, the following configuration options are recommended:
- Set the banner delivery cache to 0 seconds.
- This will ensure that code changes that affect the calculation of priorities, or selection of banners for display, will be instantly visible.