Non-Backwards Compatible Changes
A consolidated list of all non-backwards compatible changes made in every Revive Adserver release, to help make life easier for administrators skipping multiple versions when upgrading.
|Revive Adserver Release Version||Release Date||Non-Backwards Compatible Changes|
- The date and time that new user accounts are created / email address is updated has changed to UTC format in the database with this release. As timezone information was not stored with the previous values, these cannot be safely converted to UTC format. As a result, all user account creation / email address update values stored before upgrading to this release may not be accurate - but only by up to 13 hours.
- There are several changes between the legacy GeoIP and GeoIP2 databases and the upgrade process will try to migrate the rules in the best possible way:
- "Regions" have been split into two levels of subdivisions and the ISO-3166 database has been updated. Depending on the country, the old delivery rule will be transformed in the appropriate subdivision level and geopolitical changes applied to the best of our knowledge.
- "Area code" is no longer returned. Any such delivery rule will be deleted.
- The way the Geotargeting plugins work has been revamped. As such, third party geotargeting plugins or plugins depending on geotargeting information might require to be updated accordingly.
|May 21, 2019|
|April 23, 2019|
- Revive Adserver now requires PHP 7.0.8+.
- Revive Adserver now requires the PHP "zip" extension. (See the complete list of required PHP extensions.) This extension was needed in previous releases for HTML5 banner support, but was not previously enforced.
XML-RPC invocation is deprecated and requires manually renaming
www/delivery/axmlrpc.php in order to restore XML-RPC invocation functionality. However, this is not recommended, and users are strongly advised to move to another form of delivery and remove the
axmlrpc file again as soon as practicable.
|May 24, 2018|
|February 8, 2018|
|February 6, 2018|
|October 24, 2017|
|October 18, 2017|
- Revive Adserver now requires PHP 5.6.0+.
- The removal of a file related to the deprecation of Google Adsense click tracking in 4.0.0 may result in a 404 error during delivery for users who have upgraded, if they at some point were running a version prior to 4.0.0.
|May 9, 2017|
|January 31, 2017|
|September 28, 2016|
- Revive Adserver now requires PHP 5.5.9+.
- Client Delivery Rules:
- Support for delivery rules against older browser types has been dropped in Revive Adserver 4.0.0. As a result, existing Client - Browser delivery rules for all browser types other than Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and Opera will be removed as part of the upgrade process.
- Support for delivery rules against older operating systems has been dropped in Revive Adserver 4.0.0. As a result, existing Client - Operating system delivery rules for all operating system types other than Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris and Mac OSX will be removed as part of the upgrade process.
- Users with either existing Client - Browser or Client - Operating system delivery rules are advised that they should check delivery rules before and after upgrading to Revive Adserver 4.0.0, to ensure that the rules set remain valid for the desired delivery behaviour.
Support for 3rd party click tracking of Rich Media - Google AdSense and Rich Media - Yahoo! Publisher Network banners has been removed, as these were not working. Banners configured to use these 3rd party click tracking options will be switched to the "Generic HTML banner" tracking option during the upgrade.
Browser and Operating System detection speed has been optimized, and as a result, the browser and operating system are only detected if necessary. Plugins that need access to this information during delivery will need to be updated to use the provided wrapper to perform browser/operating system detection. Please see the core Browser/Operating System delivery rules plugin code for a usage example.
|March 14, 2016|
|March 2, 2016|
- 3rd party logging plugins that also deal with conversions and conversion variables might require some additional testing.
|October 7, 2015|
|June 2, 2015|
|April 28, 2015|
- The signatures of bannerTypeHtml/bannerTypeText's preprocessForm() and processForm() methods have been updated to what was actually used when invoking them. Albeit unlikely, this might clash with the definition used in some custom plugins.
|December 17, 2014|
Activation/deactivation emails and scheduled reports are now disabled by default when creating new advertisers via the API, in order to match the UI behaviour. This does not affect any existing advertiser account settings for this feature; but please be aware that the default for all new advertiser accounts has been changed.
|December 17, 2014|
|May 14, 2014|
|April 8, 2014|
|March 13, 2014|
|December 20, 2013|
|December 13, 2013|
|September 13, 2013|
Bug fixes made to 3rd party click-tracking mean that it is possible that existing, working 3rd party click-tracking configurations may break. Please see http://tinyurl.com/ojr989o for more details on why, and what combinations of servers & tags may be affected.