Banner logging setting control how banner delivery is logged.
Set the global defaults for what statistics will be logged, and what will not logged, when banners are delivered.
To modify the banner logging settings, as an administrator user, go to Configuration > Global Settings > Banner Logging Settings.
There are two groups of settings available for managing what statistics are, and are not, logged in Revive Adserver.
Banner Logging Settings
The banner logging settings allow you to configure if requests, impressions and/or clicks should be logged by Revive Adserver.
By default, Revive Adserver will log impressions and clicks. (In addition, any conversions will always be logged; this is not configurable). Revive Adserver does not log requests by default, as most users have no real need for these statistics.
In addition, there are two other options present, which probably no longer belong on this settings page - see https://github.com/revive-adserver/revive-adserver/issues/344.
Block Banner Logging Settings
The block banner logging settings allow you to configure the circumstances under which Revive Adserver should not log statistics, even when in the general case (as defined in the banner logging settings above) they normally would be logged.
These options allow Revive Adserver to be configured to:
- Do not log an impressions or clicks for inactive banners, and do not re-direct users who click on an inactive banner.
- Do not log any clicks that are performed by a user on the same banner/zone pair within the specified number of seconds. By default, this is set to zero (i.e. all clicks will be logged, no matter how quickly a user clicks on the same banner/zone pair).
- Do not log any statistics (i.e. all requests, impressions, clicks and conversions) from any user with an IP address or hostname that matches one of the values supplied.
- Do not log any statistics (i.e. all requests, impressions, clicks and conversions) from any user with a user agent that contains (case insensitive) one of the values supplied.
- Only log statistics (i.e. all requests, impressions, clicks and conversions) from users with a user agent that contains (case insensitive) one of the values supplied (i.e. if the user's user agent string does not contain one of the values supplied, then no statistics for that user will be logged).